Sustainable and Environmentally Responsible Practices in Sacramento, CA
We believe that the beauty we are honored to work with every day should be available for our children and our children’s children to enjoy. What that means is using sustainable and environmentally responsible practices in Sacramento, CA, whenever possible.
Below are some of the steps we have taken to make operations at Flourish more environmentally friendly:
- We use locally grown and seasonally available flowers whenever possible.
- We have added a new cutting garden to the grounds outside our workshop. Our cutting garden will allow us to add unique touches to our designs without having to truck those stems and blooms to our facility.
- We compost all organic waste for use in our cutting garden.
- All paper, glass, and cardboard are recycled.
- Whenever possible, we use vases, containers, and props for multiple events.
- We limit the amount of non-biodegradable oasis foam we use in our arrangements.
- Excess water from the designing process is used to water the plants in our cutting garden.
- We have asked our suppliers to limit the amount of paperwork, invoices, and extra packing materials sent to us.
- Many of our vases and containers are made from recycled materials.
- All of our estimates, invoices, contracts, and other communications are done electronically, so there is no paper waste.
- We use limited paper marketing materials to reduce waste. What we do use, business cards, and gift bags, are made from recycled materials.
- We limit the number of packing materials we use in the transportation and presentation of flowers.