What is a Style File?
It is an organized place to put anything that inspires you and illustrates the ambiance you envision for your wedding. Start with a binder, accordion file or even a plain envelope. Whenever you come across a inspirational element place it in your Style File.
Some good places to search for inspiration:
* Media- magazines, Internet, books
* Fabric stores- ribbon, trim and fabric samples
* Paint store- paint chips can be wonderful for choosing colors and combinations
* Farmers Markets, gardens, plant nurseries- take pictures of textures and colors in nature
* Scrap booking stores- paper samples can also be great color tools
File your inspirational pieces by category. Some filing categories are: Theme, Color Scheme, Bridal Party Attire, Hair and Make-up, Ephemera (invites, save the dates, menu card, programs), Ceremony Decor, Reception Decor, Flowers, Food and Cake and “Must Take” Photos.
Don’t be afraid to share you ideas with the wedding professionals you are considering. A good professional will be as inspired by your Style File as you are.
Photo credit: Tee Taylor